- Salesforce.com was the recipient of the 2006 Committee to Encourage Corporate Philanthropy (CECP) Excellence Award, as well as ranked No. 7 on the list of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Business Ethics Magazine.
- Salesforce and the Salesforce.com Foundation announced Earthforce - an initiative to create a carbon neutral salesforce.com. We recognize that energy conservation and sustainability are vital parts of doing business in the 21st century. In taking this first, important step in becoming a carbon-neutral company, we will work to neutralize the effect of our corporate greenhouse gas emissions from our major areas of carbon consumption - office locations, data centers and corporate travel. In January 2007, this was done through the strategic purchase of carbon offsets.
- Using the unique 1/1/1/1 Model -- 1% Time, 1% Equity, 1% Product, and "one" with the earth -- the
Foundation reaches out to the community and increases the effectiveness of
nonprofit organizations so they can better achieve their goals, which the
Salesforce.com Foundation calls the Power of Us. The Salesforce.com
Foundation concentrates on the use of technology, specifically as it
relates to organizations with youth development programs. With the introduction of Earthforce and Salesforce.com Foundation's dedication to the planet, the 1/1/1/1 model now includes "1 with the Earth" as part of its directives.
- Salesforce.com Foundation has supported technology projects around the
world that help kids in technology-bereft urban and rural areas create a
better future for themselves. Since July of 2000, salesforce.com employees
have given over 50,000 hours of their time and expertise, feeding the
homeless, tutoring kids, improving nonprofit spaces, and offering hundreds
of helping hands when the world is faced with devastating natural
- Salesforce.com Foundation has operated under salesforce.com's 1/1/1 Model -- a commitment to deliver 1% Time, 1% Equity and 1% Product to nonprofit organizations. "At the Salesforce.com Foundation, we have always been dedicated to social responsibility, and Earthforce is an important initiative to spearhead our efforts to help the environment," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO of salesforce.com. "By offsetting our carbon footprint, we are moving further on the path toward sustainability and engaging our community in contributing to effective solutions for the climate crisis."